The Real and Present Danger of Indoor Tanning
• Exposes individuals to large doses of UV radiation
• This radiation carries a significant risk of both basal cell carcinoma and malignant melanoma
• Skin cancer today is routinely diagnosed in patients, particularly those who commenced tanning as minors and early twenties
• Researchers believe this is due to the growth in popularity of indoor tanning
• Several respected medical organizations around the world calling for a complete ban of UV tanning beds for minors, yet the popularity of this dangerous practice continues to grow
• Recent studies show that state regulators have done very little to protect minors
• The Indoor Tanning Association, the voice of the industry, has engaged in public relations campaign claiming that indoor tanning is safe and has health benefits
• The Indoor Tanning Association ridiculing its critics, such as leading dermatologists, the association boldly claims doctors overstate the risks to scare youths
• The Indoor Tanning Association has gone as far as falsely claiming that indoor tanning is not only safe, but also has health benefits
Nidel Law has recently teamed up with the experienced consumer protection attorney, Steven Berk, to investigate potential claims on behalf of those impacted or injured by indoor tanning. “The Indoor Tanning Association has turned the truth on its head and has put young people at a greater risk. The longer the government waits to act, the more young people will be hurt, face serious illness, and even death,” said consumer protection attorney Steven Berk. “We want teenagers and young adults to understand the grave risks of indoor tanning. We also hope to assist individuals who have already been harmed by indoor tanning,” said Chris Nidel.
We want teenagers and young adults to understand the grave risks of indoor tanning. We also hope to assist individuals who have already been harmed by indoor tanning.
Click to contact us to discuss your case or simply send an email to email@example.com. We would like to discuss your situation and determine if we can help.